Pacific Beach Shore Club Deck ExpansionJuly 8, 2013 No Comments
I want to encourage good businesses in Pacific Beach but, feel like the lack of state and local oversight on alcohol outlets has allowed these guys to wander too far off the path of acceptable business-influence on our beach environment.
If the state and/or city began holding these businesses to standards through fair and balanced conditions and subsequent oversight – including enforcement if needed, we’d be in a whole different place. Without such oversight this is like throwing fuel on the fire and for that reason I believe we need to wait before considering approving this expansion. Perhaps too the owners will begin working more collaboratively with the community to mitigate the negative issues but, for the time being they have zero incentive to do so.
- California Coastal Commission meeting agenda support document for this item.
- My letter in opposition to Shore Club deck expansion at this time.
- Noise Issues – Map of areas observed
- Shore Club presentation to PB Town Council
- The Bars that Can’t Count in PB – VoiceofSanDiego.org
- San Diego Police Report and affidavit describing arrests
- ABC Accusations Finalized and 2012 Annual Work Statement report. Definitions of accusations include 26502 (A) and 24200 (A & B)
Here’s a video illustrating many of the problems discussed in our letter. Until San Diego gets a better handle on their alcohol outlet licensing and enforcement issues we should not be allowing these kind of expansions.
Alcoholic Bev Ctl (ABC), Bars and Restaurants, Commentary, Local Laws