Tips, Stories and Pictures or Video
You can help immensely if you would photograph or videotape anything that you feel would be good to document on this site. Drunk bar or ‘restaurant’ patrons, including DUI drivers, regularly hit parked cars, damage innumerable private or city resources and a wide variety of upsetting things. All you have to do is visit our contact page and give your tip. If you have something to upload just email it along with your description of events by clicking here.
Financial and Technology
We could use financial and technology support to cover our modest overhead as well as obtain new or used equipment. Our goal is to create a full length 20-30 minute documentary on the issues we’re facing as well as provide graphic design and other support. Please consider giving generously as we need resources, if purchased new would amount to approximately $5,000. Here’s our wishlist:
- Ongoing need for funds to offset time spent filming and in video production, graphic design, hosting and development of this website and other administrative overhead (internet access etc.). Your support in any amount is greatly appreciated.
- To make a payment in other amounts from your card please click here.
- We need better computer technology to be able to turn around our work product faster. A slow computer can make the entire process very challenging to sustain. One minute of video could be produced in 4 hours for instance but, we spend 3-4 times that number. A good video post-production computer costs from $1500-2000.
- Better quality video camera. We currently utilize one of two video cameras we purchased for this project. All told, including needed accessories, we’ve spent nearly $1,500. With better equipment we could shoot in extremely low light situations and capture audio much more accurately. Cameras can be expensive but, with a budget of approximately $2000 we could get everything we need.
- Camera accessories. We need some accessories for our video camera system including a home-made stabilization system as well as various mounts and batteries. A budget of $200 would be great.
- Police scanner. Our current scanner has limited capabilities. The scanner we need costs approximately $250.
- Sound meter. We need a better sound meter to monitor noise levels. The cost for a great meter is approximately $200.
- Bicycle lighting. Most of our work is done late in the evening and we’re out there dodging a lot of drunk pedestrians and drivers. We could use better lighting which runs anywhere from $200 for a rechargeable system.
Although we are not a non-profit your contributions would not qualify for a charitable tax deduction however, we want to thank you very much for your consideration.